Wednesday 18 September 2019

DIY: B8 A4 2.0T AWD Clutch Replacement




Before I even {start|begin}, I'd {like to|prefer to|wish to} thank the {wonderful|fantastic|great} Audizine {community|group|neighborhood} for {helping|serving to} me {through|by|by means of|by way of|via} this {process|course of}. Without {a few|a couple of|a number of|just a few} key responses I'd {still|nonetheless} be {under|below|beneath|underneath} the Audi breaking stuff. Second most {important|essential|necessary|vital} {thing|factor} is that calling this {guide|information} a DIY is a {bit of|little bit of} a stretch, {it's|it is} {more|extra} of {a list|a listing|an inventory} of steps to a {goal|aim|objective|purpose}, not a bolt-by-bolt {guide|information}. {You should be|Try to be|You have to be|You need to be|You ought to be} mechanically competent {before|earlier than} {starting|beginning} this {procedure|process}. {The only|The one} {thing|factor} {tougher|harder|more durable} than this job {would be|can be|could be} pulling the engine out. I'm sorry I {didn't have|did not have} the time to step-by-step {document|doc} how {to do this|to do that} job. I {didn't|did not} plan on doing a DIY {when i|after i|once i} {started|began} {and i|and that i} did {the majority of|nearly all of|the vast majority of} this work {a few|a couple of|a number of|just a few} days {before|earlier than} Christmas and was pressed for time. {Because of|Due to} that, {I don't have|I haven't got} {extreme|excessive} {detail|element} as {in which|by which|during which|through which|wherein} bolts {to turn|to show}. Obligatory disclaimer: I'm not {responsible for|accountable for|answerable for|chargeable for|liable for} you destroying your {car|automobile|automotive}. Follow these steps at {your own|your individual|your personal} {risk|danger|threat}. {I don't|I do not} {claim|declare} any of {this is|that is} {correct|appropriate|right} or will even work.





I'm a stranger to you, do you {normally|usually} take {advice|recommendation} from strangers {on the internet|on the web}? Performing these steps {could|may|might} {lead to|result in} {serious|critical|severe} {injury|damage|harm} {or even|and even} {death|demise|dying|loss of life} so {be careful|watch out} and take {proper|correct} {safety|security} precautions. This {procedure|process} was {done|accomplished|achieved|carried out|completed|executed|finished|performed} on a 2012 A4 2.0T Quattro base trim so your {car|automobile|automotive} {may be|could also be} {different|completely different|totally different}. I'd {like to|prefer to|wish to} apologize {about the|concerning the|in regards to the} poor {quality|high quality} of {some of|a few of} {the images|the photographs|the pictures}. My {camera|digicam|digital camera} is apparently horrible at taking {pictures|footage|photos} of shiny {things|issues} {in the dark|at midnight|at nighttime|at the hours of darkness|in the dead of night}. This job is rated at 10-12 hours from Audi. 1200 in labor and who {knows|is aware of} about tax, disposal {fees|charges}, and misc {charges|costs|expenses|fees|prices}. 2.5k, {but|however} I {never|by no means} {got|acquired|bought|obtained|received} a formal quote. This job spanned about 2 weeks from {start|begin} {to finish|to complete}. Most of this was {waiting|ready} for {parts|components|elements}, from {both|each} Audi and {online|on-line}, and random {trips|journeys} to the hardware {store|retailer} for {tools|instruments}. I {also|additionally} broke my flywheel {while|whereas} taking it out and {had to|needed to} {wait for|anticipate|await|look ahead to|look forward to|watch for} that to arrive ({follow|comply with|observe} the {guide|information} and it {won't|will not} {happen|occur} to you).





{I would|I might|I'd} speculate that if I {were|had been|have been} to do the job {again|once more}, have {all the|all of the} {tools|instruments} and {parts|components|elements} {when i|after i|once i} {started|began}, {I would|I might|I'd} allot {3|three} days. {I would|I might|I'd} say 2 days {would be|can be|could be} {enough|sufficient} {but|however} It's {nice|good} to have a buffer day in case you hit a snag. You'll {more than|greater than} {likely|doubtless|possible|probably|seemingly} {want|need} {someone|somebody} {to help you|that can assist you|that will help you} with this job. I did {a lot of|a number of|a variety of|a whole lot of|loads of|lots of|numerous|plenty of|quite a lot of} the reassembly alone {but|however} at one {point|level} {you'll|you may|you will} {either|both} {need|want} a {special|particular} {tool|device|instrument|software}, a {custom|customized} brace, or a {friend|buddy|good friend|pal} {to help you|that can assist you|that will help you} unbolt the flywheel from the {back|again} plate. 6 Pressure plate bolts. Every bolt from transmission to engine. I {didn't|did not} {replace|change|exchange|substitute} these {but|however} {you should|it is best to|it's best to|you must|you need to} as they're one time use aluminum bolts. {I would|I might|I'd} {recommend|advocate|suggest} a full metric set of 12pt ratcheting wrenches. 12pt 18, 19, 16mm sockets. Deep or shallow {is fine|is ok|is okay}, {doesn't|does not|would not} matter ({I can't|I am unable to|I can not} remember if I used the 19. I {also have|even have} a 20,21,&22mm {but|however} {again|once more}, no {idea|concept|thought} if I used them, sorry).





10 and 12mm triple {square|sq.} bits. You'll {want|need} {both|each} {short|brief|quick} and {long|lengthy}. If {you're|you are} {only|solely} going to get one, get the {long|lengthy} ones. An insanely shallow 16mm 12pt socket. I used this from Lowes and a 19mm wrench. {I can't|I am unable to|I can not} {find a|discover a} {link|hyperlink} {online|on-line} {but|however} {you'll|you may|you will} get {the idea|the concept|the thought}. Oetiker clamp clamping {tool|device|instrument|software}. 30 and modified it ({you'll|you may|you will} see it later). {You can find|You could find|You will discover|You'll find|Yow will discover} them {online|on-line} {much|a lot} cheaper, {just|simply} {be sure|be certain|ensure|make certain|make sure} {it can|it could|it could actually|it could possibly|it may|it may possibly|it may well|it might|it might probably|it will possibly|it will probably} clamp a 36mm clamp. {4|Four} Jack stands. I like Craftsman 2-1/{4|four} ton stands as {they have|they've} flat tops {that don't|that do not} gouge the underside of your {car|automobile|automotive}. {At least|A minimum of|At the least|At the very least|No less than|Not less than} 2 jacks. {A standard|A normal|A regular|A typical|An ordinary} {floor|flooring|ground} jack and a bottle jack will work. An {impact|affect|impression|influence} wrench is {nice|good} for {removing|eradicating} the axles and drive shaft. Ok {here|right here} we go. First, when taking bolts off, it helps {to use|to make use of} cardboard {to keep|to maintain} {everything|all the pieces|all the things|every little thing|every part|every thing|the whole lot} organized. 2. Put your {car|automobile|automotive} {in the|within the} air.





Use {4|four} jack stands. Do your {best|finest|greatest} to get the {car|automobile|automotive} {level|degree|stage} {once|as soon as} {it's|it is} {in the|within the} air. Keeping the {car|automobile|automotive} {level|degree|stage} will make it {easier|simpler} to line up the transmission and required if {you're going to|you are going to} {replace|change|exchange|substitute} the transmission fluid ({you should|it is best to|it's best to|you must|you need to}). 3. Release your parking brake and take the transmission out of gear. Open the trunk, open your hood. 5. Take the wheels off. 6. Remove the plastic {belly|stomach} pans and cross brace. 1. Disconnect the 2 O2 sensor wires from the engine wiring harness. 2. Remove the 2 O2 sensors from the down pipe. Use {a proper|a correct} wrench for this. 3. Unbolt the downpipe from the flex pipe by {removing|eradicating} {the 3|the three} 13mm nuts. You {may need|may have|might have} a {3|three} foot extension for this one. 4. Unbolt the downpipe from the turbo manifold. 5. Take out the down pipe. This {is tough|is hard}, {you have to|it's a must to|it's important to|you must|you need to} sneak it between the exhaust manifold and strut tower.