Sunday 18 August 2019

Audi A4 B8 Battery Coding




{I have|I've} {done|accomplished|achieved|carried out|completed|executed|finished|performed} some digging {on the internet|on the web} {regarding|concerning|relating to} this {subject|topic}, {but|however} {cannot|can not|can't} {find a|discover a} definitive {answer|reply}. I {called|known as|referred to as} Audi {today|as we speak|at present|at the moment|at this time|immediately|in the present day|right now|right this moment} to ask them to {check|examine|test|verify} the {car|automobile|automotive} over, as {i was|i used to be} {still|nonetheless} getting the low battery message on the MMI for quickness as I {live|dwell|reside|stay} {quite|fairly} far away from {garage|storage} who fitted the battery. The guys {at the|on the} {garage|storage} have {said|mentioned|stated} {they should|they need to} {be able to|be capable of|be capable to|have the ability to} code in a {3rd|third} {party|celebration|get together|occasion|social gathering} battery if i return it to them - {but|however} Audi are telling me {otherwise|in any other case}. So my {question|query} is, has {anybody|anyone} on these {forums|boards} swapped out a B8 battery for a {3rd|third} {party|celebration|get together|occasion|social gathering} one and managed to recode it? Last edited by robst3r; 11-16-2011 at 02:19 PM. I hope you {were|had been|have been} {able to|capable of|in a position to} {sort|kind|type} out your {problem|downside|drawback}. Just {saw|noticed} your {post|publish|put up|submit}. {I have|I've} been scratching my head after getting wildly conflicting {info|data|information} from {various|numerous|varied} {forums|boards} and battery suppliers. {I have|I've} had no {answers|solutions} or {useful|helpful} replies from the {forums|boards}.





{The problem|The issue} for me is that the {4|four} battery suppliers I spoke to {cannot|can not|can't} {supply|provide} batteries with this 10-digit BEM code, {indeed|certainly} {3|three} {did not|didn't} (allegedly) {understand|perceive} the {question|query}. This {may be|could also be} {another|one other} Audi _how {to add|so as to add} value_ (er for themselves) initiative. If all else fails {I will|I'll} use trial and error to guess {another|one other} BEM code {but if|but when} the code has a modulus {check|examine|test|verify} {that might|that may|which may} take {a while|some time} {until|till} I hit on a {correct|appropriate|right} BEM code. Then in {a few|a couple of|a number of|just a few} days, {I will|I'll} override the system and {input|enter} {the original|the unique} code {via|by way of|through} VCDS. May I ask, did you {fix|repair} your {problem|downside|drawback} ? If it _fixed itself_ {that would|that may|that might|that will} {kind of|form of|sort of|type of} {support|assist|help} what the Banner {link|hyperlink} says, above. {They are|They're} {probably|in all probability|most likely} {correct|appropriate|right} on the battery registration. After {a lot of|a number of|a variety of|a whole lot of|loads of|lots of|numerous|plenty of|quite a lot of} headache and getting {absolutely|completely} nowhere, i reluctantly took it to Stafford Audi {to fit|to suit} the battery. They reassured me that the battery i had fitted was not {the same|the identical} voltage {as the|because the} OEM battery ({this may|this may increasingly|this may occasionally|this will|this will likely} {explain|clarify} why {nobody|no one|no person} was {able to|capable of|in a position to} get into the battery {management|administration} module to code it).





{I was|I used to be} {told|advised|informed|instructed} that {i would|i might|i'd} require an Audi OEM bottery, and any {car|automobile|automotive} with {active|energetic|lively} battery {management|administration} would require one. They quoted me ?15 initially to which i challenged saying that was ridiculous, and was restrictive practices. They then dropped it to ?66 {and i|and that i} ended up getting it {done|accomplished|achieved|carried out|completed|executed|finished|performed}. So, ?66 plus a {virtually|just about|nearly} {brand|model} new varta battery and {the problem|the issue} is now resolved. {I know|I do know} that they {completely|fully|utterly} disconnected the battery {in order|so as} {to fit|to suit} it, and reset the battery {management|administration}. Would {probably|in all probability|most likely} {suggest|counsel|recommend} ordering an Audi OEM battery, then coding it with VCDS {just|simply} to be on the {safe|protected|secure} {side|aspect|facet}. Thanks for {the info|the data|the information}. Yesterday, my {local|native} Audi {dealer|seller|supplier|vendor} quoted me ?10.{68|Sixty eight} {to supply|to produce|to provide} an OEM battery {but if|but when} I {wanted|needed|wished} it fitted as {well|effectively|nicely|properly} {the price|the value|the worth} jumped to {an eye|a watch|an eye fixed}-watering ?68.63. GB3.pdf - oh {really|actually} ? Anway, {I have|I've} {bought|purchased} a Varta Blue non-OEM battery {the same|the identical} voltage, Ah and {cold|chilly} Start {rating|ranking|score} {as the|because the} Varta OEM battery for ?1 {including|together with} {delivery|supply}.





{I will|I'll} give this a whirl and if {it all|all of it} goes {well|effectively|nicely|properly} {I will|I'll} do a write up. Alternatvely, if {it all|all of it} goes titsup {I will|I'll} {buy|purchase} the ?10.{68|Sixty eight} battery, with my tail between my legs. Fingers crossed. Willl {install|set up} the battery tomorrow. So, my {long|lengthy} {running|operating|working} {issue|challenge|concern|difficulty|problem|situation|subject} with this {still|nonetheless} hasn't been sorted out. The low battery warning {is still|continues to be|remains to be} {appearing|showing} on the MMI {screen|display|display screen} of my A4. It {doesn't|does not|would not} matter how far i drive, or how {frequently|ceaselessly|continuously|incessantly|often|regularly|steadily} - it {always|all the time|at all times} {appears|seems}. After being {passed|handed} from pillar to {post|publish|put up|submit}, {I have|I've} {done|accomplished|achieved|carried out|completed|executed|finished|performed} some diagnostics myself, and checked the battery in VCDS. I had {a new|a brand new} battery from Audi {due to|as a consequence of|as a result of|attributable to|because of|on account of|resulting from} this {issue|challenge|concern|difficulty|problem|situation|subject}, and it {seemed|appeared} {fine|advantageous|effective|fantastic|high quality|high-quality|nice|positive|superb|tremendous|wonderful} for {a while|some time}. It has been {back|again} to them, {and they|and so they|they usually} state that the battery, alternator, and battery {manager|supervisor} are all working as {they should|they need to}. Thought {i would|i might|i'd} have a go at programming the serial {number|quantity} myself after {finding|discovering} {a few|a couple of|a number of|just a few} threads - {however|nevertheless|nonetheless} the {instructions|directions} {i have|i've} {found|discovered} {do not|don't} add {up to|as much as} what {i have|i've} {found|discovered}.





In VCDS it states that the battery serial {number|quantity} {must be|have to be|should be} 10 digits, and {you should|it is best to|it's best to|you must|you need to} omit the {starting|beginning} {3|three} digits for a Varta battery (in my case). If i {leave|depart|go away} out VA0 {i am|i'm} left with {8|eight} digits in my serial {number|quantity}, and if i {leave|depart|go away} it in i get 11. Can {anyone|anybody} work out which digits i {should be|must be|needs to be|ought to be} {entering|coming into|getting into} please? Part {number|quantity} {currently|at present|at the moment|presently} programmed to VCDS is 8K0915105E - {i am|i'm} taking it that {it is|it's} static and {doesn't|does not|would not} change? Then {the next|the following|the subsequent} {3|three} digits {should be|must be|needs to be|ought to be} VA0 for Varta {obviously|clearly}. {I have|I've} {also|additionally} {read|learn} that the {car|automobile|automotive} will {learn|be taught|study} that it has {a new|a brand new} battery - {but|however} this {doesn't|does not|would not} {seem to be|appear to be} the case for me. Any {help|assist} / {advice|recommendation} {much|a lot} appreciated. Rob - too {complicated|difficult|sophisticated} for me now {but|however} {I guess|I assume|I suppose} {you have|you could have|you have got|you may have|you might have|you will have|you've|you've got|you've gotten} tried {raising|elevating} a {support|assist|help} request with Uwe and {the folks|the oldsters|the parents} at Ross-Tech to see {if they|in the event that they} {can give|can provide|may give} a VCDS {solution|answer|resolution} ? Oh I hate to say it, {but|however} boy has "{modern|fashionable|trendy}" {technology|expertise|know-how} {really|actually} put a damper on good, {old fashioned|quaint}, {car|automobile|automotive} {guy|man} {interest|curiosity}.